

This is the kids eating their breakfast and watching TV for the first day of school. Macy was ready to go and very excited, after the second day of school she cried and wanted to stay home with Mom. At one point she told me that she knew her color red, she knew how to count, she knew her letters and didn't want to learn anymore. This week, which is the third week of school she is doing much better. I am very thankful because it was very draining to have two kids crying for an hour every morning that they didn't want to go and then clinging to me when we got to school. I just tried to remember the song
It Won't be Like This For Long. And it didn't. Mark is crying a little bit but doing better. I have started to car pool with another mom and I think that will be great. It helps them when they have to tell me goodbye at the house. The picture of the kids on the back steps says a thousand words. Macy was excited, anxious, and very happy to wear a new skirt she had gotten. Mark was undecided and not happy he had to get up early. Tyler thought we were all crazy for getting up early and was still in pajamas when we left to take the kids to school. The first day Tyler would not get down and play by himself, he wanted me to hold him the whole time. He really missed them. When Mark came home on the bus he got very excited and they gave each other a hug.
The picture of Tyler in the hat is funny. I had been sorting through all the kid's clothes that day and he had just had a bath. Mark was doing a puzzle on the table and amongst me cleaning their room found this hat. He put it on and was galloping around the house. (note: Tyler doesn't have to have a hat or any reason to gallop, he does it all the time when he is running) He sat at the table as if he was going to help Mark. Mark was trying to keep the puzzle away from his so he wouldn't lose any pieces. The camera was handy so I told Tyler to smile and he gave me this grin, as if to say "I'm a sly one! I wasn't going to touch anything, See, I'm holding my hands right here."
The past two days Mark and Tyler have been sick to their stomach. I'm exhausted from the extra laundry and I hope today they feel better. I feel so bad when the kids are sick.
1 comment:
My Carter was so excited to start school and see his friends.. He even rode the bus the first day and didnt want his friends to see me drop him off and walk him to class.. Hr told me HE was BIG...
Post a Comment