Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Powell Gardens


The geese came over by the sandbox and the kids were trying to catch one. I'm not sure why but the geese were running away from them (ha, ha).

The sandbox was really fun. They had wooden animals in there that the kids could dig for. Macy and Mark had a fun time finding them and then covering them back up.


The flowers were beautiful, but the kids and I both enjoyed the water lillies the best.
I took the kids to Powell Gardens yesterday with a friend. Powell Gardens is about 5 minutes away from where we live. They have sidewalks to walk on and see lots of different flowers and vegetation, a huge water fountain, a beautiful chapel that people get married in, sandbox and lots more. They just got done having a butterfly exhibit. I need to go there more often with the kids. I didn't take a stroller and I learned that with three kids that is a necessity. I had two coolers for the picnic, the diaper bag, Tylers car seat so he had some shade from the sun. Needless to say with all of that we couldn't do much walking. Macy and Mark had a great time in the sandbox, chasing the geese, and running around.

No comments: